Introducing the new and improved Mental Health First Aid (MHFA®) course
We’re delighted to announce that here at Bath Mind we are now offering Mental Health First Aid England’s new and improved adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA®) course!
With Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training, you will be accessing the very best evidence-based Mental Health First Aid (MHFA®) course available. The training is grounded in research, developed with clinical practitioners, and is proven to increase confidence in supporting people with mental health issues. With this new offer, training doesn’t stop when the course comes to an end. The course provides continuous support for MHFAiders® – well beyond your initial certification – so you are confident, empowered and motivated to carry out your role.
MHFAiders® are crucial in supporting the wellbeing of our community and workplaces, therefore the training ensures they have:
- The knowledge and skills to spot signs of poor mental health
- The confidence to support themselves and others
- The support to feel empowered and motivated to carry our their role
Not only this, but all learners will have the benefit of joining England’s largest wellbeing community of trained MHFAiders®, through the NEW dedicated MHFAider Support App®, providing exclusive resources, support and ongoing learning – 24/7!
Some of the new and improved benefits of the MHFA® course are detailed below:
- The MHFAider Support App® provides training resources, ongoing learning opportunities and access exclusive events so that MHFAiders® can improve their support skills on the job.
- The app provides 24/7 text support for when MHFAiders® are feeling overwhelmed or need guidance for certain situations.
- The MHFAider Support App® works to support the MHFAiders’® own mental health – the resources within can teach critical self-care skills, with the emotion tracker function allowing them to chart their own wellbeing.
- If the MHFAiders® role is within the workplace, the MHFAider Support App® can help organise their roles with reminders and secure conversation journaling, to safely reflect on their work.
Ultimately, the new course offers a unique and unrivalled support package for MHFAiders® to keep them confident, motivated and effective, while making sure that they receive the help they need while they’re helping others.
Bath Mind are launching the new course by delivering an online course open to all this November.
Or, if you’re interested in booking a course for your workplace, please get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Become an MHFAider® today and help to improve the mental health of the nation.
Posted on: 6th October 2022