What is the Community Support service?
Our successful and B&NES accredited Community Support service offers a range of 1:1 interventions including practical assistance to people living in their own homes, helping people live independent and fulfilling lives.
The service offers support with building self-confidence, health and wellbeing, daily living skills, budgeting, social connections, housing issues and accessing community facilities.
What does the service cost?
The service offers flexible person-centred support within individuals own homes from one hour (or more) each week across Bath & North East Somerset. The cost of the service is charged at £24.50 per hour and there are additional costs for mileage to rural locations.
How can I access this service?
This service is currently closed to referrals.
Please contact [email protected] with any queries.
The support staff are very calm, kind and genuine. They are insightful about my mental health issues and recovery. I feel heard and understood for the first time in a long time. I’m regaining my belief in myself and my strength and it’s beginning to make a big difference in my life. I hope to thrive not just survive and I’m confident Bath Mind is there for that journey in an important, essential and unique way.
Quote from client
- We have greatly increased our level of service provision since beginning in August 2017.
- We have successfully supported clients to live independently after being historical regular attendees in psychiatric hospitals each year due to the lack of support in their lives to manage their wellbeing.
- We have successfully supported clients to better manage their lives, including improving self-care skills, progressing to independent living, coping better with home organisation, accessing support groups and challenging difficulties such as anti-social behaviour from neighbours and unhelpful decisions by the mental health services, all with positive results.
- The clients and families of clients we support give very positive feedback on our service.
- We are there to raise early levels of concern if a client were to show signs of regress in their mental health.