Bath Mind Strategy 2023 – 2026
The mental health environment is changing. Although progress has been made in reducing the stigma surrounding mental health, there is an increased demand for high quality support. Current mental health support services are dealing with a greater complexity of mental health needs, and an increased pressure on budgets and costs.
Over the last few years, Bath Mind have come a long way. But there’s still more to be done. The focus of our 2023 – 2026 strategy is on supporting a wider and more diverse population and responding to the increased demand and challenges on our services.
A note from our CEO:
I am delighted to be launching the Bath Mind 2023-2026 strategy. This is a document which has been developed by colleagues from across the organisation and one which holds our values and ethos at its centre.
It is a strategy which sets out the ambitions for Bath Mind over the next three years and by being transparent and outcomes driven, the strategy enables our partners and those people we work with to ensure we are accountable for the delivery of the strategy’s key themes.
While we cannot predict changes to the social and financial landscape over the coming years, Bath Mind are committed to working with our community to deliver the highest quality services to those in greatest need.”
– Bath Mind CEO, Kate Morton
Our five mission themes
Our mission themes describe what Bath Mind does and how we will work to achieve our ambitions.
1. We are diverse.
We will increase availability and visibility (in both urban and rural communities and across all spaces).
- We will develop our strategy for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and ensure all services have Equality Impact Assessments.
- We will address the inequalities in accessing services by individuals from protected characteristic population.
- We be creative in our response to meet the needs of women.
- We will increase our service offer for children and young people.
- We will increase the range of interventions we offer.
- We will do an assessment of our written material, including reviewing language and intonations.
- We’ll increase our wellbeing services across a wider geography.
- We will increase the promotion of our services.
- We will develop a programme of community ambassadors.
- We will change the image of the organisation.
2. We are innovative.
Bath Mind will develop more integrated pathways, facilitate closer collaboration between agencies and commissioners, and develop creative models of intervention to respond to the needs of the community.
- We will embed the Trauma Informed approach.
- We’ll continue to develop our digital offer.
- We will expand our training offer, including staff wellbeing packages for NHS and partner organisations.
- We will align a physical activity offer with mental health provision.
- We will consider aligning an Eating Disorder offer with AWP colleagues.
- We’ll ensure that out of hours and crisis provision is available to meet gaps, and offer an alternative to S136
- We will expand existing integrated services with a clear evidence base.
3. We are courageous.
We will expand areas of revenue opportunities, identify services for possible expansion, and increase the profile and visibility of Bath Mind.
- We’ll improve awareness raising and discuss relevant issues, utilising key dates in calendar.
- We will develop an income generation plan, ensuring that digital is part of the offer.
- We will consider the development of a property portfolio.
4. We are inclusive.
We will invest in our internal and external relationships.
- We will build more meaningful relationships across wider stakeholders in Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire.
- We will also improve our decision-making processes.
5. We have impact.
We will base planning around results and use reviews, monitoring, and outcomes to feed into continuous improvement.
- We will review governance structures.
- We’ll align supervision and appraisals for all with the five themes of the strategic plan.
- We will celebrate organisational impact internally and externally.
Bath Mind values
Our values underpin everything we do and are a core part of who we are.
Posted on: 18th April 2023