Our hugely successful B&NES accredited recovery service offers practical assistance to people living in their own homes to help them live an independent and fulfilling life. We offer support with building self-confidence, health and wellbeing, living skills, budgeting, social connections, housing issues and accessing community facilities. Our community support staff offer flexible person centred support from one hour plus a week across B&NES.
The cost of the service is £20.60 per hour*.
You can either download the referral form below and email/post it back to us or click the yellow referral button to the left to refer yourself directly.
Enquiries and referrals to:
*(2020-21 charge and is subject to annual change)
The client’s’ family gave me some really good feedback on what Bath Mind have managed to achieve. I am so pleased and think you lot are great!
Quote from Mental Health team professional
The support staff are very calm, kind and genuine. They are insightful about my mental health issues and recovery. I feel heard and understood for the first time in a long time. I’m regaining my belief in myself and my strength and it’s beginning to make a big difference in my life. I hope to thrive not just survive and I’m confident Mind is there for that journey in an important, essential and unique way.
Quote from client
- We have increased our level of service provision 800% since beginning in August 2017.
- We have successfully supported clients to live independently after being historical regular attendees in psychiatric hospitals each year due to the lack of support in their lives to manage their wellbeing.
- We have successfully supported clients to manage their lives better, including improving self-care skills, progressing to independent living, coping better with home organisation, accessing support groups and challenging difficulties such as anti-social behaviour from neighbours and unhelpful decisions by the mental health services, all with positive results.
- The clients and families of clients we support give very positive feedback on our service.
- We are always there to raise early levels of concern if a client were to show signs of regress in their mental health.
COVID service Risk Assessment – Community Support Covid 19 Infection Control Procedure August 2020
Hannah (not her real name) was discharged from a long-term stay in a psychiatric hospital and returned home to live with her partner. Prior to her admission, Hannah, who lives with schizoaffective disorder, had become very low in mood and lacking in motivation for daily living tasks. After returning home we commenced daily support to her encouraging her to take her medication, get up and dressed each day, make meals, go shopping and fill her days with activities she enjoyed. Hannah began to adjust back into her independent life and continues to build on her successes. Hannah’s family believe that without our support she would possibly have been readmitted to hospital soon after the original discharge and have been pleased with what we have helped her achieve.
I contacted Bath Mind to discuss whether they could assist my son, John, who has had a diagnosis of schizophrenia for some years. The Community Support Team spoke with John and arranged regular support and social opportunities. Unfortunately, events took a sad turn and John’s mental health deteriorated rapidly. Mind were there helping to get the right care for John who was becoming very unwell, vulnerable and isolated within a community that was unable to understand his situation. The Community Support Team persistently helped by contacting the mental health team and expressing concern and listening to me as I became increasingly anxious and distraught. In a difficult situation Mind did listen, Mind did take action, Mind were supportive and eventually John was admitted to hospital, spending several weeks on an intensive care ward.
Quote from family member