Time to Change
The Time to Change campaign is a growing movement of people changing how we all think and act about mental health problems.
The Time to Change campaign is a growing movement of people changing how we all think and act about mental health problems. Still too many people are made to feel ashamed or isolated because they have a mental health problem but Time to Change is here to change that.
The campaign is run by charities Mind & Rethink and aims to:
- Improve public attitudes and behaviour towards people with mental health problems
- Reduce the amount of discrimination that people with mental health problems report in their personal relationships, their social lives and at work
- Make sure even more people with mental health problems can take action to challenge stigma and discrimination in their communities, in workplaces, in schools and online
- Create a sustainable campaign that will continue long into the future.
The Time to Change website has many excellent resources including films, school assembly sessions, printable activities for awareness raising sessions, blogs and factsheets.
Time to Change Hubs
To achieve their aims Time to Change work across a number of key areas including
communities, schools, social marketing, mental health professionals, workplaces and Local hubs.
B&NES is a local hub, led by Bath Mind.
Time to Change Hubs are local partnerships which demonstrate their commitment to:
- Putting people with personal experience of mental health problems (Champions) at the heart of their work
- Embedding anti-stigma and discrimination work locally, whether that be local schools, workplaces or other community settings
- Proactively campaigning to improve people’s attitudes and behaviours towards mental health.
Time to Change Champions are people with lived experience of mental health problems who campaign to end mental health discrimination in their communities. The Champions network is an opportunity to meet like-minded people and campaign together to change attitudes and behaviour.
If you are interested in becoming a champion, or finding out more about events and activities contact Max Webster (Time to Change Hub Lead) on [email protected].